Selection and design criteria
To meet the mechanical resistance requirements of the station and its lifting equipment, the preliminary analysis prior to implementation entails:
1) determining the characteristics of the manufacturing materials related to the design specifications, the intended use, the environmental and operating conditions, the operative cycles;
- the operating loads and static stresses to which the structural elements are subjected;
- the serviceability limit state;
- the behaviour of the structures due to the effect of the applied dynamic loads;
3) verifying the stress components and the dimensioning of the structural elements (tensile load, yield strenght).
The requirements flexible intermediate bulk containers (FIBC) must meet depend on the nature of the atmosphere present during filling and emptying.
Big bag type A
Flexible intermediate bulk container made from non conductive fabric without any measures against the build up of static electricity.
Big bag type B
Flexible intermediate bulk container made from non conductive fabric, including the applied inner coating. The breakdown voltage through the fabric, including the coating, does not exceed 4 kV to prevent propagating brush discharges.
Big bag type C
Flexible intermediate bulk container made from conductive or non-conductive fabric containing interconnected threads or filaments.
Big bag type D
Flexible intermediate bulk container made from non-conductive fabric containing conducting threads or filaments which are not interconnected.